Kindle killed the Paperback Book?
I received a Kindle for a Christmas gift last year, and it has basically been stuck to my side like one of my children ever since. I carry it in my purse everywhere I go, like it’s a security blanket.
To be fair, I used to carry a paperback book in my purse everywhere, but I hated how bent up, and wrinkled they would get. And it never failed that I would end up finishing the story while still sitting at the doctor’s office with an endless wait still ahead of me.
I’m a firm believer that the Kindle & Nook e-readers are fantastic inventions. They have opened up the door for many new authors such as myself to enter the e-publishing world, when we probably would have spent decades fighting our way into the “old” publishing world. HOWEVER, and that’s capitalized for a reason, I think that it has also opened the door to the generic copycat writer who takes a good story and changes a few details and the scenery in order to republish it.
In the erotic romance genre I can say that I’ve read multiple books recently that all really read about the same. I find that frustrating as a reader as well as a writer. If a writer has an original and unique story, I will be the first person in line to purchase it, but I’m struggling with a lot of the stuff that’s being put out on Amazon now.
So I wanted to share some “unique” erotic romance writers who have captured my attention. Each of their stories may carry common threads (ie: menage, bondage, BDSM) but they have a fantastic way of creating new worlds, new crisis’, and interesting characters that capture the attention. Here are my current top 10. I would LOVE it if you shared your top 5 or 10 in the comments. Share and share alike so that we can all find new stories to read.
Lori’s Top Ten Erotic Romance Authors to Read (In no particular order)
- Vivian Arrend http://www.amazon.com/Vivian-Arend/e/B002QKACQO/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1346718211&sr=1-2-ent
- Heather Rainier http://www.bookstrand.com/heather-rainier
- Sophie Oak http://www.amazon.com/Sophie-Oak/e/B003Y7J4EY/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1346718375&sr=1-2-ent
- Laurann Dohner http://www.jasminejade.com/m-589-laurann-dohner.aspx
- Eve Langlais http://www.amazon.com/Eve-Langlais/e/B003TL84VY/ref=ntt_aut_sim_4_1
- Leah Brooke http://www.bookstrand.com/leah-brooke
- Joey Hill http://www.jasminejade.com/m-83-joey-w-hill.aspx
- Kaliana Cole http://www.amazon.com/Kaliana-Cole/e/B005GN8OYU/ref=ntt_aut_sim_4_1
- Bertrice Small http://bertricesmall.com/
- Lauren Dane http://www.amazon.com/Lauren-Dane/e/B001JSJP6M/ref=ntt_aut_sim_7_1
That’s my Top 10 right now, and I’m not going to lie there are at least a dozen more I want to list, but I promised 10. Happy Reading!
Don’t forget to Live, Laugh, and Love like today is your only chance!~Lori